- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Suitable for Beginners
Materials you need at home:
- 1 ball of Caron Cakes Yarn (80% Acrylic, 20% Wool), 7.1 oz/200 grams, 350m/383 yards, OR
- 200 grams of Aran/Worsted Yarn (10 ply) which gives the tension 18 stitches and 24 rows to 10 cm/4-inch square
- Knitting Needles – 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 – US8)
- 2 bags Toy Stuffing - 250g
Knitting Pattern for 2 sizes of Heart Shaped Cushions.
A really lovely project for a novice knitter. Choose a self-striping yarn for multi-coloured hearts without lots of pesky ends to worry about sewing in!
The hearts in the photograph are knitted in Caron Cakes Yarn – Colour: Red Velvet (17005)
Available in a range of 18 delicious variegated shades and each ball features five bright colours.
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.