A Child is Born Nativity Set
Introducing my Nativity set. All the character dolls are knitted similarly with simple colour changes and added details. You only need small amounts of yarn, so this is a great way to use up remnants from your yarn stash. Instructions are included for Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and manger, three Kings and camel, an angel, a shepherd and sheep, and a donkey. The adult doll figures are 11 cm tall, Jesus in the Manger is 4 cm long, the Sheep is 4 cm tall, and the Camel and Donkey are 8 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. A few pieces are i-cord tubes worked on two DPNs. The belts and headbands are single crochet chains worked on a crochet hook. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, knit stripes and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the set plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 10 pages and written in English.
- Measurements in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.25mm knitting needles (US 3)
- 4 ply acrylic yarn; less than 50g in each colour
- Toy filling
- Black embroidery thread for eyes
- Two 3.25mm DPNs
- A 3.5 mm (US E/4) crochet hook
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.