Greet Santa (and other festive visitors) with a Knitted Christmas door wreath.
I hope you enjoy knitting this striking wreath for your front door to display over the Christmas period.
The pattern has instructions for knitting the flowers, acorns and leaves and how to wire them for the arrangement.
Suggested Yarns Red - Hayfield Bonus DK Ladybird (0698) Yellow - Stylecraft Special DK Citron (1263) Beige - Stylecraft Special DK Camel (1420) Milk Chocolate Brown - Stylecraft Special DK Walnut (1054) Forest Green - Hayfield Bonus DK Grass (825) Lime Green - Hayfield Bonus DK Kiwi (703) Orange - Stylecraft Special DK Spice (1711)
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Size of wreath 30cm (12 ins)
- Instructions for knitting the flowers
- Instructions for knitting the leaves
- Instructions for knitting the acorns
- Instructions for wiring the wreath
Materials you need at home:
- Double Knitting Yarn - 50 gram balls of Red, Yellow, Beige, Brown, Green and Light Green, Small amount of orange for flower centres
- 1 pair of 3 mm (UK11-US2) knitting needles
- 30cm (12 ins) Circular Rattan Wreath
- Strong Floristry Wire or 5 mtrs of 1 mm wire from the hardware store or garden centre
- Small pair of craft pliers
- A length of strong string/ribbon
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.