A fun Hat for chilly days on the playground, Aerial is a cute way to keep your little acrobats warm.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, short rows
Gauge 27 sts x 38 rows to 4in/10cm on 2.75mm needles over St.St. 26 sts x 52 rows to 4in/10cm on 2.75mm needles over Garter St.
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 14 (16, 18, 20, 22) in/ 35.5 (40.75, 45.75, 50.75, 56) cm
- Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for Provisional Cast-on & Short Rows
Materials you need at home:
- 100 (134, 169, 210, 246) yd/92 (123, 155, 193, 226) m 4Ply, fingering or sock weight, plied yarn (sample shown in Cloudborn Fibers Highland Superwash Sock Twist Handpaints (178yd/163m per 50g; 80% Merino, 20% Nylon))
- 54yd/46m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 2.75mm/UK12/US2 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- 2.75mm crochet hook
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
- Spare needle or stitch holder
- Pair 0.5in/13mm buttons
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.