The Agave Shorts / Pants pattern is a versatile way to create a variety of looks. The Agave Pants (View A) are breezy tie-waist palazzo pants that can be worn as a beach coverup or, when you include the hidden button panel, are versatile day-to-evening pants. The shorts-length option (View B) reverses the buttons so that they become a visual feature of the design. Both views sit approximately 2" (5cm) below the natural waist. Because the two views share pattern pieces, it’s easy to mix and match the details to make your own Agave look!
The pattern includes waist sizes 24-42.5” (61-108cm) and hip sizes 34.5-53” (86.5-134.5cm).
- print-at-home pattern suitable for US Letter or A4 printing
- US copy shop pattern (36x48”)
- A0 pattern
- two projector-friendly files (white text on black background & black text on white background)
- detailed sewing instructions
- all measurements are listed in Imperial and metric units
Materials you need at home:
- View A (pants) work best with a lightweight, breezy fabric, such as crepe, silk, or lightweight linen. Ten buttons (5/8"-1" / 15-25mm) are optional, but recommended.
- For View B (shorts), light or medium-weight linen, tropical suiting, cotton twill, or similar weight fabrics are recommended. Ten buttons (3/4"-1" / 19-25mm) are required.
- For View A (pants), fabric requirements range from 3 yards (2.8m) to 5.25 yards (4.7m), depending on size and fabric width.
- For View B (shorts), fabric requirements range from 1 yard (0.8m) to 1.75 yards (1.5m), depending on size and fabric width.
- Both views require between 1-2 yards (0.9-1.8m) of interfacing.
Desert & Sea Studio
Desert & Sea Studio's designs are at the intersection of resortwear and loungewear with a splash of adventure.
I'm Julie, the designer behind the brand, and I am a lifelong sewist and maker. I love versatility and options, and the patterns you'll find in the Desert & Sea collection give you countless ways to choose your own adventure.