Aileron is a beanie designed to make the most of hand painted sock yarns. Featuring offset columns of slipped stitches, the Hat is a quick and enjoyable knit.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, slipped stitches, increases & decreases, specialist cast-on
Pattern contents: Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for Cable Cast-on & Knitting in the Round
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Illustrated tutorials for Cable Cast-on & Knitting in the Round
- Sizes to fit 14 (16, 18, 20, 22, 24) in/35.5 (40.75, 45.75, 50.75, 56, 61) cm
Materials you need at home:
- 93 (120, 152, 183, 221, 267) yd/85 (110, 139, 168, 202, 244) m sock/fingering weight yarn (sample shown in Cloudborn Fibers Highland Superwash Sock Twist Handpaints)
- 70yd/64m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 2.5mm/UK–/US1½ DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.