Alien Invasion - Crochet Pattern
Here they come, Aliens with a cuddle factor! Get your own Alien Invasion! They are welcome in every kid's room. The more the better! :) Due to many possible variations of antennae, eyes, mouth and colors each and every Alien is unique. Perfect for using up some scrap yarn, too.
The size depends on your gauge, chosen type of yarn and crochet hook size. I'm using Puppets Lyric yarn (8/8, DK/Light-Worsted) from Coats and a 3 mm hook. With that I get the following size/s: 10 cm tall & 11 cm wide
* magic ring
* single crochet
* slip stitch
* increase and (invisible) decrease
* crocheting in front loops (instructions included)
* crocheting in back loops (instructions included)
* crocheting back and forth in rows
* crocheting in continuous rounds (rounds are not joined)
* changing yarn-color (instructions included)
* basic sewing (sewing on body-parts, closing openings etc)
* basic embroidery (i.e. eyes, mouth etc)
The pattern is very detailed. Almost every single step/stitch is explained in words and pictures. Special characteristics are explained step-by-step (i.e. embroidering the face). You see, nothing can go wrong! :)
1) The pattern is mine. Do not (re)sell this pattern, including translations to other languages and modifications; do not redistribute, including publishing on the internet. 2) The finished figure/item is yours. :) Feel free to sell the finished products, handmade by yourself (no mass production). I'd love it if you would refer to my pattern/shop when doing so. Thank you! :)
- suitable for beginners
- 6 pages of pattern
- 11 pages of step-by-step instructions
- lots and lots of pictures
Materials you need at home:
- yarn (weight doesn't matter, as long as you use the same weight throughout the whole project)
- crochet hook (one or two sizes smaller than recommended for your chosen type of yarn)
- stitch marker (use a paper clip or piece of scrap-yarn)
- stuffing tool (optional)
- colored pins
- tapestry needle/s
patterns by steph
I'm Stephanie, mother of three and I live with my family in Germany.
I've been crocheting for a while now. My kids got me to it. When there's no merchandising on the market for the current favorit comic figure you just have to make it yourself. That's how my first crocheted figure came to life. And with that my crochet addiction. :)
My patterns are for beginners and advanced crocheters alike. Stuffed with photos and detailed step-by-step instructions (I think you could call them photo-tutorials). I learned crocheting by myself and often found it quite frustrating to get stuck in the middle of a pattern just because some key-information was simply missing (as a beginner pretty much everything is key-information). That's why in my patterns almost everything is explained with words and photos.
I'm currently converting my older patterns into a new layout. Here on Makerist you can find all the patterns that already have the new layout plus all my new creations.
Have fun browsing through my patterns and happy crocheting!
- Steph :)
patterns by steph on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/patternsbysteph