- US crochet terms , *Full written instructions , *Full charted instructions , *Sizes from 16" to 22" circumference
Skill Level: Intermediate
Now you can make this award winning beanie!
The Fair Isle Love beanie was the 1st place winner for Small Accessories at the 2013 CGOA Conference in Charlotte/Concord, NC.
This beanie might look difficult with its intricate color changes, but the yarn does all the work!
Using self-striping yarn, and a solid color you can whip up this beanie in no time. Use white to make the colors pop, or grey for a more muted look.
Fair Isle is a technique where two colors are used in any particular row to create pictures or designs in your project.
Don't know how to do Fair Isle? Don't worry, there is an extensive photo tutorial section (13 pages!!!) that will not only teach you how to create Fair Isle but also covers all of this:
- Color Changing throughout the beanie including at the round join.
- Catching the yarn to create short floats.
- How to keep your yarn untangled.
- Photo tutorial of stitches used on beanie brim.
- How to keep your seam straight on your beanie.
- How to make a magic adjustable loop.
I also have video tutorials for all the techniques on the website.
The beanie includes full written instructions as well as a color chart for the Fair Isle portion.
The beanie is in .pdf format, you will need Adobe Reader to view and print it.