Aren't alpacas adorable? alpacas are becoming a more regular sight in the countryside and alpaca wool becomes more popular. Such cute faces and big personalities, and that's what inspired me to design an alpaca and baby tea cosy.
The tea cosy depicts a mother alpaca who is stood in a field keeping a look out, whilst her baby lays on the ground beside her to rest.
The alpacas are made from two different kinda of textured yarn, the mother has a hairy coat, whilst the baby with its new fresh wool has a woollier coat, which gives it a really cute appearance.
The alpaca tea cosy is made to look like and not made of alpaca.
- This Tea Cosy fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- What you will need to make the pattern
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 68g James C. Brett Faux Fur - Beige & White (004),
- 35g James C Brett Wildcat Chunky Fur Cream (CA2),
- 33g Stylecraft Special DK Stone,
- 17g Stylecraft Special DK Meadow,
- 5g Stylecraft Special DK cream double knitting wool,
- A small amount of black double knitting wool,
- 2 pairs of 18mm brown safety eyes and Stuffing
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.