- The pattern will lead you step-by-step through the knitting, sewing and embroidering
- Including loads of detail photos and charts.
- Additionally, you’ll find instructions for the more elaborate techniques used like short rows German style and alike.
Materials you need at home:
- Original yarn from German factory Lana Grossa, Lana Grossa Cool Wool Merino Superfein (100 % Merino, 175 yards (160 m) per 1.76 ounces (50 g)) in yellow (2 skeins), greyish brown (0.5 skein), hues in blue for the dots and some left over yarn in dark brown. Substitute with any yarn in Sport / 5 ply (12 wpi).
- Embroidery thread in brown
- Embroidery thread or twine in black
- 2 black beads, approx 8 to 10 mm diameter
- Strong felt, approx 2 or 3 mm thickness for the neck, approx 5 x 5 inches (= 12 x 12 cm )
- Set of size 2 US (2,5 mm, 12 UK) or size 3 US (3 mm, 12 UK) double pointed needles, depending an how tight you knit
- Embroidery needle, darning needle
- 4 safety pins or stitch holders, polyester stuffing, scissors
Amani the giraffe girl has a very amicable nature – maybe because in Suaheli, the language of East Africa, her name translates to „freedom“? All the animals of the savannah love her. She is always ready to help and has the gift of settling disputes that may occur, namely when hothead Marvin the Rhino wants to go headfront through any given wall. But her best friend is Nelson the Lion – a really odd friendship!
With the yarn mentioned on the right, Amani stands 50 cm = 20 inches tall, but when you use thinner yarn, she will be smaller of course. And now have fun knitting Amani!
Please mind: Amani si knitted in the ROUND!
I love knitting! (There will be a longer version of my introduction soon, but for the time being, this sentence says it all, doesn't it?)