If I can’t take my hamster, I’m not going !
This PDF pattern (US terminology) will guide you to crochet an amigurumi hamster as shown in pictures, made using 8 ply / DK soft acrylic yarn and crochet hook E (3.5 mm). Finished size will be approx. 7.8” (20 cm) tall. This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn. Stylecraft Special DK was used to create the hamsters in the pictures.
The hamster’s head, body and legs are crocheted together as 1 part.
All parts, except ears and fingers are worked up in continuous rounds.
Gauge: not important for this pattern, just crochet tight enough so the stuffing won’t show through the stitches.
Skill level: advanced beginner
crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
yarn in mocha (approx. 25 gr, 80 yds, 75 m) small amounts of white and pale peach
fiberfill stuffing, stitch markers, tapestry needle, pins, scissors, tweezers
1 pair 9 mm safety eyes, chenille wire, dark brown embroidery floss
Stitches used: chain, slip stitch, single crochet, half double crochet, increasing, decreasing, working in back of loops
This crochet pattern is an original ©Millionbells design, described in English, using US terminology.
- English version (US terms) of the pattern (PDF) is available as instant download after received payment.
- PDF Crochet Pattern
- English (US terms), Inches
- Written Instructions, Clear Pictures
Materials you need at home:
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- yarn in mocha (approx. 25 gr, 80 yds, 75 m) small amounts of white and pale peach
- fiberfill stuffing, stitch markers, tapestry needle, pins, scissors, tweezers
- 1 pair 9 mm safety eyes, chenille wire, dark brown embroidery floss
Hello dear fellow crocheters. Thank you for visiting my pattern shop. My name is Marjan, I come from a family with creative genes, which I fortunately inherited. Besides designing new and contemporary crochet patterns, I have a creative side job as a florist, close to my hometown here in the Netherlands. I hope, that you like my designs and have as much fun crocheting as I do!