Amigurumi – Nile the crocodile - crochet – tutorial
This tutorial explains how to make a crocheted crocodile amigurumi. This toy will please toddlers and older kids, and is a perfect birthday or Christmas gift.
The tutorial is adapted to beginners. Knowledge of the magic ring, chain stitch, single crochet stitch, double crochet, increase and decrease is necessary to make the toy.
The character presented here was made with 4 mm yarns of light green color (for the doll) and white color (for the accessories). It is about 33 cm in height and 10 cm wide.
Meet me on my website http://ninaandlou.com (other patterns available)
- tutorial for crochet amigurumi
- pictures and diagrams included
- explanation of the crocodile doll
- explanation of the accessories the bow-tie and the sailor cap
- tutorial adapted for beginners
- completion time is about 18 hours
Materials you need at home:
- wool or cotton (4 mm) 1 ball of light green color, 1 small ball of white color
- cotton for embroidery of black color
- a pair of 12 mm safety eyes
- synthetic stuffing
- 1 white button, 1 cm diameter
- 3.75 mm crochet hook
- tapestry needle
What others have made
I am serial crocheter and an enthusiastic amigurumi designer; my home is full of yarns and amigurumis… I learned to knit and crochet with my grandma when I was a little girl. I discovered the amigurumi world a couple of years ago: looking for hand-made and home-made personalized gifts for the babies of my friends. I bought a lot of books and tons of yarns, and crocheted different tribes of amigurumis. Later on, when I became myself mother, I began to create my own amigurumis. I am always amazed to see a ball of yarn turn into a soft stuffed animal brought to life by children’s imagination. My biggest sources of inspiration are my two daughters. They like so much to imagine new stories with their stuffed animals and often challenge me to create new ones.