Capybaras are the world’s largest rodent, and every animal’s best friend. Create your own capy pal with this intermediate level sewing pattern! Use shades of brown for realism or have fun with fantastic colors. Luxe minky or faux fur make this plush even more huggable. Make a whole family of capybaras to love!
Instructions for thread sculpted feet and tips for sewing with faux fur are included in this tutorial!
Finished size: Approximately 11" tall.
- 20 page PDF
- Full tutorial with color photographs
- Bonus tutorials on thread sculpting toes and sewing with faux fur
Materials you need at home:
- 1/2 yard main fabric
- 1/2 yard contrast fabric
- 1 pair 15mm safety eyes
- Scrap of felt at least 2" by 4" for eyelids
- Coordinating thread
- Hand sewing needles
- Stuffing material such as polyfill
- Chalk or disappearing ink marker
- Hemostats or other stuffing tools such as knitting needles
Alex Raymond (Alex Lynn Crafts)
Hi, I’m Alex! I’m a sewist and cosplayer with over a decade of experience making costumes and accessories. You can find some of my work in the book 1000 Incredible Costume and Cosplay Ideas. I'm also a designer of sewing patterns for accessories and plush toys. I hope you enjoy them!
You can follow my adventures in all things geeky sewing and crafting at my blog, alexlynncrafts.com.