This is the perfect beret for using up odd balls of 4 ply, fingering and sock yarn. Using the travelling jogless stripes method for the body and twisted rib for the brim, this stylish Hat is perfect for gifts.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, specialist cast-on
Gauge: 28 sts x 34 rows to 4in/10cm on 3mm needles over St.St. 32 sts x 36 rows to 4in/10cm on 2.75mm needles over Twisted Rib, lightly stretched
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 19 (20, 21, 22, 23) in/ 48.25 (51, 53.25, 56, 58.5) cm (Finished size 16 (17, 18, 19, 20) in/ 40.75 (43.25, 45.75, 48.25, 51) cm)
- Written & charted instructions; illustrated tutorials for Alternate Cable & Cable Cast-ons
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn A 125 (135, 147, 160, 175) yd/114 (123, 135, 146, 160) m 4ply/fingering weight, plied yarn (sample shown in King Cole Merino Blend 4ply (204yd/187m per 50g; 100% Wool))
- Yarn B 115 (110, 120, 135, 155) yd/96 (101, 110, 123, 142) m 4ply/fingering weight, plied yarn (sample shown in Jaeger Angora Spun (120yd/110m per 20g; 70% Angora, 30% Wool))
- 40yd/35m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 2.75mm/UK12/US2 & 3mm/UK11/US2½ DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.