This sweater knitting pattern features a trio of cute sheep in sizes up to 2 years. Following the success of the patterns for the Sheep in the bigger child sizes, I now have a baby Sheep Sweater and Hat set.
There is a large, coloured intarsia chart to follow for the Sheep and colour coding for the different sizes.
The background is knitted in Aran/Worsted (10 ply) Yarn so grows very quickly. Any Aran yarn can be used so long as it gives the same tension as 18 sts and 24 rows to 10 cm (4 inches) over stocking stitch using 5mm needles.
The Sheep are knitted in a fluffy white yarn with a small amount of Black yarn required for the Sheep's legs and head.
Needles: 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 - USA8) and 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6)
The pattern includes a cute hat with a sheep knitted on the front.
Pattern Language - English
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Ages birth to 2 years
- Large intarsia chart for the Sheep
Materials you need at home:
- 2 to 3 (dependant on size) 100g balls for the main colour in Aran/Worsted yarn 10 ply
- Small amounts of white fluffy yarn and black (used double) double knitting yarn for the Sheep
- 2 buttons
- 1 pair 4 mm (U8 - USA6) knitting needles
- 1 pair of 5 mm (UK6 – US8) knitting needles
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.