A decorative ribbed band feeds into structured cables, creating a striking visual effect.
Pattern is worked in the round and bottom up, and features 4 sizes.
Shown in size 23in/58.5cm on model with 21.5in/54.5cm circumference head. Shown in Fyberspates Vivacious DK [251yd/230m per 115g; 100% Merino].
- Written & charted instructions
- illustrated tutorials for Alternate Cable cast-on for 1x1 & 2x2 rib
- in metric and imperial measurements
Materials you need at home:
- 71 [92, 117, 144] yd/65 [85, 107, 132] m DK weight, plied yarn , * 38yd/35m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 3.75mm/UK9/US5 DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge , * Stitch marker as necessary , * Tapestry needle , * Cable needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.