Arrow Gloves - hand knitting pattern
A distinct arrow pattern elevates these gloves from simple to stunning! Use a solid color for a more subtle effect, or go for the wow factor with a hand painted yarn.
Skills required: knitting in the round (you choose whether to use double-pointed needles, two circulars or Magic Loop technique), increases (right and left leaning make ones / decreases (k2tog, ssk, centred double decrease), knowledge of glove construction is useful
Gauge: 32 sts and 44 rnds = 4” / 10 cm on 2.75 mm / US 2 needles over Stockinette stitch worked in the round, blocked
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- 7 sizes child, (woman S, M, L) (man M, L, XL), *Intermediate skill level
Materials you need at home:
- 231 - 462 yards (211 - 422 m) fingering weight sock yarn
- 2.75 mm / US 2 double-pointed needles, two circulars or one long circular for Magic Loop technique (your choice)
- Stitch holders
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.