- Clear and elaborate instructions
- Photo tutorials for the more tricky details
- Appendix with all techniques a bit more challenging
Materials you need at home:
- Original wool 10 skeins Lana Grossa BINGO in BLACK, (100 % wool, 87 yards/80 m/50 g), 3 skeins NORO Silk Garden in colour 389 (45 % silk, 45 % mohair, 10 % wool, 109 yards/100 m/50 g)
- Approx 4 yards (4 metres) of yarn in contrasting colour for the provisional cast on
- Circular needle US 7, 8 or 9 / UK 7, 6 or 5 / metric 4,5, 5,0 or 5,5 mm, additional needle for unraveling the provisional cast on, crochet hook US 8 / UK 6 / metriv 5,0 mm
- Darning needle, scissors
- Optional 8 push buttons for sewing onto fabric
For good reasons capes and ponchos had an overwhelming fashion comeback in the last years. Thea are easy to wear, and they offer endless possibilities for the designers in texture and construction.
Set against a deep black background, the colours of the NORO Silk Garden yarn radiate like lead glass windows from the Art Deco era. Combine your cape with your Little Black Dress or wear it casual with Jeans – it will look great either way! The knitting is pure fun – and much easier than the cape looks like!
Please check my Nice Price Bundle ART DECO before purchase. You find it on my shop page here on makerist.
Enjoy the knitting and wearing! Yours Steffi
I love knitting! (There will be a longer version of my introduction soon, but for the time being, this sentence says it all, doesn't it?)