- Written and charted pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the beginning knitter
- Links to tutorials by the designer for techniques used
- Arugula is written for a gauge of approx. 12.7 sts / 26 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over body pattern, measured after blocking. Gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Digital PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
Arugula is a shawl in 2 sizes, designed to use the lovely rustic tweedy yarn pictured in the sample. In this design, it is paired with a flouncy ribbed ruffle in a contrasting solid color. A relatively mindless knitting project that gives a wonderful end result.
This shawl is knitted from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck edge with a garter tab. The instructions for the body of the shawl are provided charted and written out. The ruffled edging is written only.
Sizes and finished measurements: Size S (L) finished dimensions: Wingspan of 146 (200) cm (57 ½ (78 ¾) inches) and a depth of 68 (90) cm (26 ¾ (35 ½) inches), measured after blocking. The shawl shown is in size L.
Difficulty level: This shawl is started with a garter stitch tab. Stitches used include knit, purl, yo and m1bl. This pattern is suitable for the beginning knitter.