With its off-centre crown and architectural detail, Asymloche is no ordinary Hat.
Here we have a sideways knit Hat, a sideways knit asymmetrical cloche. Bringing together a host of different techniques Asymloche is a challenging and fun knit, resulting in an unusual and striking Hat.
Skills required: Knit & purl sts, increases & decreases, picking up sts, provisional cast-on, short rows, Kitchener stitch, I-cords (applied & bind-off, purled)
Sizes & Gauge:
Gauge: 27sts x 38rows to 4in/10cm on 3mm needles over St.St.
To fit size: 20in/51cm
Shortest length: 5.5in/14cm
Longest length: 8.75in/22.25cm
Gauge: 25sts x 34rows to 4in/10cm on 3.25mm needles over St.St.
To fit size: 22in/56cm
Shortest length: 6in/15.25cm Longest length: 9.5in/24.25cm
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 20in/51cm, 22in/56cm
- Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for Provisional cast-on, short rows & Kitchener st.
Materials you need at home:
- 176yd/161m DK weight, plied yarn (sample shown in Juno Fibre Arts Buffy Pure (246yd/225m per 100g; 100% Wool))
- 41yd/37m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Pair 3 (3.25) mm straight needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- 3 (3.25) mm crochet hook
- Approx. 3yd/3m waste yarn
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.