Aura pants/shorts sewing pattern - Size 2 to 14
[ AURA ] : NOUN 1. In Greek mythology, embodiment of the breeze and morning fresh air. 2. Fluid pants to play at recess.
Aura are fluid pants with an adjusted yet comfortable fit ! But Aura are also shorts that can be worn in both summer or winter ! The "paperbag" waistband adds a trendy detail. Pleats and slash pockets make them chic and timeless. And finally, the back elasticated waistband allows comfort and an easy slip-on!
Level : 3/5 A video that details each step of the garment construction is available for free on "Rose des Vents Couture" YouTube channel.
Recommended fabric : Pants version : fabric with drape like viscose or tencel Shorts version : Fabric with drape or heavier fabric like twill, lightweight denim or gabardine.
- a copyshop pattern to be printed by a professional (dimensions : 914 mm wide, the length is specific for each pattern)
- a A4/US letter pattern to be printed at home
- a printing guide
- an instruction guide
Materials you need at home:
- Fabric : 45cm (1/2 yd) to 65cm (3/4 yd) for shorts ; 75cm (7/8 yd) à 125cm (1 3/8 yd) for pants
- Woven interfacing Vlieseline G710 type : some scraps.
- 2 buttons 15mm diameter for the buttonhole elastic band (optional)
- Assorted thread
- Elastic (width 2cm = 7/8'') : 40cm = 15 1/2''
Rose des vents
PDF sewing pattern for children.
Welcome ! I am Aurélie, a sewing addict for a long time but fully dedicated to it for the past few years
I have founded Rose des Vents in 2020, and you can visit my website rosedesvents-couture.fr to read my blog and discover more about me.