Introducing Aurora the Unicorn, knitted in bright rainbow stripes. Aurora is 22 cm tall (seated). All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. This pattern only uses basic stitches: knit, purl, a k2tog decrease (knit two stitches together) and a kfb increase (knit into the front and back of a stitch). You will also need to cast on and off, knit stripes (change colour at the end of a row) and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the unicorn plus photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 5 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- 4 ply acrylic yarn; less than 50g in each colour
- A small amount of black yarn to embroider the eyes
- Toy filling
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.