Avery baby/child's pullover - hand knitting pattern
This playful pullover has blocks of colour on the front that coordinate with the Fair Isle-like patterned sleeves. Corrugated ribbing ties it all together.
Skills required: increases/decreases, stranded work, working intarsia from a chart, three-needle bind-off, knit-on edging, picking up stitches, buttonholes (smaller sizes), knowledge of sweater construction, seaming
Gauge: 30 sts and 42 rows to 4” (10 cm) over stocking stitch using larger needles
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- 5 sizes 0-6 mo, 6-12 mo, 12-24 mo, 2T, 4T
- Advanced Beginner skill level
Materials you need at home:
- Fingering or sock yarn; 229 yd (210 m) per 50 g ball 2 (2, 3, 3, 4) balls solid (MC); 1 (2, 2, 2, 2) balls self-patterning (CC)
- 3 (3, 3, 0, 0) 3/8” (1 cm) buttons
- 2.5 mm and 3 mm (US 1 1⁄2 and US 2 1⁄2) needles
- 6 stitch holders
- 2 locking stitch markers
A Holli Yeoh pattern is sure to offer something to learn, as well as a casually elegant aesthetic. Interesting techniques and clear instructions—developed from years of teaching and pattern writing experience—ensure a rewarding knit with beautiful results. Her work has appeared in industry leading publications including Vogue Knitting, Interweave Press, and Amirisu, as well as in her website (holli yeoh.com) and in her book Tempest, published in collaboration with SweetGeorgia Yarns.