- Written pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Photo tutorials on how to work a Latvian Twist edge
- Worked in the round
- Written for a gauge of approx. 22 sts / 36 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) on smaller needles in Scallop Stitch pattern, measured after blocking
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
The Ayamaru Cowl, with its distinct texture resembling scales, is named after the Ayamaru rainbowfish. This cowl is designed to make the most of that one special skein of hand-dyed fingering weight yarn.
The diagonal scallop stitch featuring in the body of the cowl shows off the many colors often present in hand dyed yarns. The garter stitch Latvian Twist edge gives a lovely finish and prevents the fabric from rolling. Wear the larger size as a big loop to show off your yarn and stitching, or doubled up for optimal warmth. Pick the smaller size for a closer fitting cowl.
Sizes and Finished Measurements: Available in 2 sizes S (L) – finished dimensions: 22 cm (8 ½ inches) wide x 58 (116) cm (23 (45 ½) inches) circumference, measured after blocking.
Difficulty level: This cowl is knit in the round and requires Kitchener stitch (grafting). This pattern contains a photo tutorial on how to work a Latvian Twist edge. This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.