- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- Instructions for making Baboushka with photos
- A list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
BABOUSHKA DOLL TOY KNITTING PATTERNS
My Baboushka is inspired by Russian matryoshka dolls. She is filled with toy filling, but you could add weight to the inside (such as a bag of gravel) to make her into a weighty doorstop or bookend.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from the pink apron border which is worked on a crochet hook. If you don’t know how to crochet you could embroider the apron border in blanket stitch instead. You will need to know how to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
FINISHED SIZE: Baboushka is approximately 18cm tall.