This is a pattern for an adorable pair of knit Baby Boat Shoes. Great for summer. Treat the special little baby boy in your life to a pair of super cute boat shoes! A very easy project, suitable for beginners. Makes a great gift. They feature a garter stitch sole and sides and a lovely simple I-cord detail. Experiment with different colours and also try them in wool. Why not make a few pairs to go with different outfits?
All you need 8 ply (DK) cotton or bamboo baby yarn in two colours and some knitting needles in size 4mm or US 6 This is a flat knit pattern.
Pattern comes in 2 sizes: birth to 3 months and 3 to 6 months.
- Knitting pattern with Photos , *Sizes 0-3 and 3-6 months , *Suitable for confident beginners
Materials you need at home:
- 25 g 8 ply or DK (Light Worsted Weight) cotton or bamboo yarn in natural colour
- 25 g 8 ply or DK (Light Worsted Weight) cotton or bamboo yarn in dark blue colour
- darning needle , 8 Knitting needles 4 mm or US 6
- DPN's 4 mm or US 6 for I-cord
I have been involved with textiles of all kinds from very early on in my life. I come from a family of artists and other creative people. Designing knitting and sewing patterns that are both beautiful and practical is my passion.