Crochet pattern for a Baby's Bonnet and Boots with Buttons. Ideal for boys and girls. Brim on hat can be folded back or pulled forward to protect baby's face. Looks adorable and keeps baby nice and cosy.
Bonnet is shaped to fit snug around the face. Boots are worked in SC for the shoe and HDC for the cuff. Shaped to cup the heel. Pattern for the Boot can be finished at the shoe stage which results in a ballet slipper shoe allowing for making the Bonnet and slippers in cotton for the summer for baby girls.
All worked in SC and HDC - Britain substitute our SC for your Double Crochet and our HDC for your Half Treble Crochet. Should be worked on the tighter side. For the looser hand, work the set in Light Weight Worsted Weight - DK for Britain - 10 Ply Australia and a 3.5 mm crochet hook.
Works up fast! Set can be made in one or two evenings. Makes a beautiful gift for the new mother!
An Original Meadowvale Studio Design.
- Suitable for a slightly more experienced beginner.
- Written in English using Standard American terms.
- Inches and CM included in pattern.
- Color coded step by step instuctions.
- Illustrated Photographs included for guidance.
- Hat , Preemie 12 -1 3 inches /30.5 cm , Newborn 13 - 14 inches / 33 - 35.5 cm, , 3 Months 14 - 15 inches 35 - 38 cm, , 6 Months 15 - 16 inches / 38 - 40 cm, , 1 Year 17 - 18 inches / 43 - 45 cm
- Boots , Preemie 2.5 inches / 6.5 cm , Newborn 3 inches / 7.5 cm , 3 Months 3.5 inches / 9 cm , 6 Months 4 inches / 10 cm , 1 Year 5 inches / 12.5 cm
- Assistance available.
Materials you need at home:
- 3 - 4 Balls 50 gr / 1.75 oz Medium Worsted Weight / Britain Aran Weight / Australia 10 Ply.
- Crochet Hook 4 mm - USA G/6 - Britain 8.
- Stitch marker
Meadowvale Studio Crochet Patterns
I have over 40 years worth of crochet experience to share with you, specialising in fashionable and functional crochet pieces. Patterns are written step by step, have photographs for guidance and are as simple as possible. Coming from an artistic background, texture, color and structure are all important considerations in my designs. I hope you enjoy my creations!