Crochet Pattern for native American inspired booties with fringe and side ties inspired by Navajo design. These little cuties are right on trend - unique and individual - you won't see anything like these anywhere else! Make them in grey or navy for Boys, or you might want to do the cuffs in one color and the boot in another - the possibilities are endless!
The Moccasin Fringe Booties pattern is an illustrated photo tutorial in English with American crochet terms that is easy to follow for anyone familiar with basic crochet stitches and patterns - perfect for improving beginners who have tried simple patterns and a ready for a new challenge. All of the finishing involved is illustrated with color photos so even if you've never done anything like this before you can achieve stunning results.
To make the booties you'll need to know how to do the following stitches sc - single crochet sl st - slip stitch ch - chain stitch DC - double crochet hdc - half double crochet And basic increases and decreases such as double crochet 2 together.
*American Crochet Pattern Terms Used Throughout - there is also a conversion index for UK crochet terms included.
- Easy pattern suitable for improving beginners used to simple crochet stitches, increases and decreases.
- Photo Tutorial with more than 40 colour photos and step-by-step instructions in English only.
- Instructions given for 3 sizes:- 3-6 months, 6-9 months and 9-12 months.
- Imperial and metric measurements given throughout.
Materials you need at home:
- 3.5mm crochet hook (US E/4).
- Worsted or aran yarn.
- Approximately 75, [80, 85]yds (69, [73, 78]mts) worsted (aran) yarn in main colour.
- I used Drops Nepal (65% wool, 35% alpaca), 50g = (1.8oz) 82 yards (75 meters).
- 4yds (3mts) worsted (aran) yarn in contrast A (red in photos).
- 6yds (5mts) worsted (aran) yarn in contrast B (off-white in photos).
- Sharp scissors for trimming fringe.
- Tapestry needle for tidying ends away.