This super cute knitting pattern for lovely braided strap sandals is suitable for both boys and girls.
Just change the colour scheme to suit you.
They look gorgeous on any baby and are so comfy for summer. Quite easy to knit, quicker than booties for sure.
They feature a garter stitch sole and braided straps at instep as well as heel, worked using a cable needle.
Use any colour you like! Great for using up remnant bits!
You need 8 ply cotton or bamboo baby yarn and some knitting needles in size 3 mm or US 2 or 3.5mm (US4) for the larger size. Pattern comes in 3 sizes: birth to 3 months, 3 to 6 months and 6 to 12 months
This is a flat knit pattern using two knitting needles.
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- Three Sizes 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-12 months
- Suitable For Confident Beginners
Materials you need at home:
- Cotton or bamboo yarn 8 ply (DK)
- 25 g in your chosen colour for sole
- 25 g in your chosen colour for straps
- 2 small buttons 12 mm or 1/2 inch
- knitting needles size 3 mm or US 2 ( for the two smaller sizes)
- knitting needles 3.5 mm or US 4 ( for largest size)
- 4 stitch markers
- darning needle
- cable needle
I have been involved with textiles of all kinds from very early on in my life. I come from a family of artists and other creative people. Designing knitting and sewing patterns that are both beautiful and practical is my passion.