Baby Fox Jacket and Hat
Knitting pattern for a cute fox jacket and hat. Quick to knit and makes a lovely baby shower gift for a newborn or for toddlers up to the age of 18 months.
Small foxes' heads feature on this baby cardigan and hat set. Easy to knit in garter stitch and stocking stitch. The foxes are knitted on the fronts of the jacket and on the hat and is a great pattern for trying your hand at intarsia knitting (picture knitting).
3 small buttons are required for the front of the cardigan.
Tension - 22 stiches and 28 rows 10cm (4 inches) using 4 mm (UK8 - USA6) needles over stocking stitch.
The pattern has a large coloured chart to follow for the fox and has a colour guide for the different sizes.
The pattern covers the sizes: 0-3 months 3-6 months 6-12 months 12-18 months
Pattern Language - English
- Age range included in the pattern Newborn to 18 months
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Large coloured intarsia chart for the Fox
Materials you need at home:
- 2-4 50 gram balls of double knitting yarn for main colour, a small amount of orange, black and white double knitting yarn for the foxes' faces
- Knitting Needles - 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6) and 1 pair of 3 ¼ mm (UK10 - USA3)
- 3 small buttons are required for the front of the cardigan.
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.