Baby Hooded Cardigan Cabled Zip Hoodie
I designed this as I was having my first nephew, Liam. It’s made to be a cardigan of the love ones.
Construction: Cables at the hem and cuff are worked separately. The body and sleeves are worked with stitches picked up from the edge of the cables. Cables at the middle are worked simoltainiously as the front. Worked hem up, the cardigan is first knitted up to the armpits as one piece. Then the arm hole stitches are casted of and the work is continued in sections, first one being the right side of the chest, then the left side, leaving the back to be the last section. For the hood all the sections are gathered and the stitches are used for the hood.
Abbreviations: BO = Bind off C4 over 4 left (C8F) = Sl 4 sts onto cable needle infront of the work, k 4, k 4 from cable needle CN = Cable needle CO = Cast on K = Knit M = Stitch marker P = Purl PM = Place marker Rep = Repeat RS = Right side of the work (facing the knitter) SM = Slip marker st(s) = Stitch(es) WS: Wrong side of the work (facing the knitter)
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Suitable for beginners
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Sizing: 0 to 3 6, 12, 18, 24 months Chest: 40.5 43, 45.5, 48, 50.5 cm / 16 17, 18, 19, 20 1-2 cm positive ease. Additional information about sizing: Crafty Yarn Counclis Baby size chart
Materials you need at home:
- Yarn: 200 [300, 300 ,400, 400 g] Bulky weight, 130 meters (143 y) / 100 g wool or wool blend yarn
- 4 4, 4, 5, 5 buckles or a zipper
- Needles: 5mm / US 8 80 cm /20 ” circular needle for magic loop, or 5 mm / US 8 straight needles and one set of 5 douple pointed needles
- 1 cable holder
- 1 5 mm / US 8 double pointed needle
- 2 stitch markers
Knitwear designer from Finland