Baby quilt pdf pattern and tutorial - Cathedral windows
The Cathedral windows pattern is a big classic when it commes to quilts! And a lot easier than you would imagine! But instead of making a spread of little multi coloured windows, I chose to make them bigger and to make a blue to green gradient. It looks more modern and fresh! The fact that I added a frame pushes the cathedral windows pannel to be the masterpiece of this quilt : being the center (and not a repeted pattern from side to side) really catches the attention. A fave of mine!
This quilt is 75x75 cm (approx 30x30 inches) big, but you can adapt it the size you want! You will get a 6 pages well illustrated tutorial, available in english (inches, cm) and french (cm).
- 6 pages well illustrated tutorial, available in english (inches, cm) and french (cm).
- Suitable for beginners, really !
Materials you need at home:
- Different colored fabrics (quantity varies following your choice) for the top
- batting/fleece/wool for the interfacing : a 80x80 cm (32x32") square
- soft fabric for the backing (fleece/minky...) a 80x80 cm square (32x32")
She from the Valley Designs
I'm a 35 years old mum of two who used to work in the archaeology fiel (Phd Prehistory). Two years ago, i decided to quit it all to try to live doing my passion : sewing ! And what i love to do, are baby quilts ! I make tutorials to show different techniques to let your imagination fly and realise a very unique quilt for a very unique and lovable new being !