The baby cocoon is knitted in baby double knit on two knitting needles. It is easy to knit and looks beautiful. The flower is 19.5 inches in length and 17 inches across at the opening. The baby flower cocoon is a lovely way to snuggle up a new baby and to keep baby cosy and warm.
The flower itself is based on the trumpet vine flower, and baby can snuggle down into the trumpet part of the flower and rest its head on the petals.
- Flower sleeping bag measurements
- Length (excluding petals) 19 ½ inches
- Width at opening at top 17 inches
Materials you need at home:
- The flower sleeping bag is knitted from Double Knit wool
- Cream Wool 150g
- Pink wool 100g
- Yellow 20g
- Green 20g
- The flower sleeping bag is knitted on
- Size 3.25mm, UK size 10 and US size 3 Knitting needles
- Size 4mm, UK size 8 and US size 6 Knitting needles.
- You will also need 2 small buttons.
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.