Knitting pattern for a cute baby Unicorn Cardigan and Hat. Quick to knit and makes a lovely baby shower gift for a new-born or for toddlers up to the age of 18 months.
Colourful Unicorn feature on this baby cardigan and hat set. Easy to knit in garter stitch and stocking stitch. The unicorns are knitted on the fronts of the jacket and on the hat and is a great pattern for trying your hand at intarsia knitting (picture knitting).
The pattern uses 3 to 4 (dependant on size) 50 gram balls for the main colour in double knitting yarn DK/8 ply (11 wpi), small amounts of Gold, Pink and Green Double Knitting Yarn for the Unicorns (approximately 20 meters (22 yards). Small amount of Black Double Knitting Yarn for the Unicorn eyes.
3 small buttons are required for the front of the cardigan.
Tension - 22 stiches and 28 rows 10cm (4 inches) using 4 mm (UK8 - USA6) needles over stocking stitch.
The pattern covers the sizes: 0-3 months 3-6 months 6-12 months 12-18 months
- Age range included in the pattern Newborn to 18 months
- Illustrated Knitting Pattern
- US Imperial Measurement / Metric Measurement
- Large coloured intarsia chart for the Unicorns
Materials you need at home:
- 3-4 50 gram balls of double knitting yarn for main colour, small amounts of Gold, Pink, Green and Black
- Knitting Needles - 1 pair of 4 mm (UK8 - USA6) and 1 pair of 3 ¼ mm (UK10 - USA3)
- 3 buttons
I first started to design clothes for my children when they were younger and went on to sell garments through shops and craft fairs. I also taught the use of machine knitting and knitwear design. I later followed a career in IT, but I now have grandchildren and whilst hand knitting for them was inspired to start designing and creating knitting patterns again.