- Pattern in English
- In cm and inches
- Pattern in two versions (print the right one!) A4 and US letter 15 pages
- Step by step tutorial with pictures (12 pages)
- You like what I do? Follow me on IG @ouipatterns
- YTB video tutorial HERE! In French but hopefully better than nothing!
Materials you need at home:
- Fabric canvas or wax fabric. Better when rigid. I used a 18 oz heavy canva. I recommend 12 to 15 oz max (18oz is difficult to sew!)
- Fabric dimensions 150x130 cm
- Belt for the handles (2 pieces of 90x4 cm each) (US 36"x1-1/4" be careful to test how your belt fits before sewing the pleats)
- A D-ring and clasp
- Bias (18mm and or 30 mm) (US thin, maybe 1/2" for the pocket edges, thicker, 1/2" to cover the seam allowances)
Ernest is a thick canvas bag with a simple and sleek design. He's a super handy and practical everyday accessory with a number of pockets: three at the front, two on the sides and four in the inside. Ernest has no lining. The finishings are neat and tidy with all seam allowances hidden by bias tape on the inside. A small fastener connects both sides of the bag to avoid it spreading apart when loaded.
Dimensions: 35x15x25 cm
Dimension (US): 13 3/4" x 6" x 10"
Difficulty level: with all its straight lines, Ernest is fairly easy to sew. Slight difficulties might arise when sewing the bias, or while sewing the rounded corners - nothing too bad though. Be careful not to pick too thick a fabric, for in some places you will have to sew 4 layers together.
Oui sewing patterns
Hi there ! My name is Isabelle and I am the one behind Oui Sewing Patterns, a brand dedicated to easy-to-follow sewing patterns for a simple, functional and dynamic wardrobe. My interest for sewing started as I was living in Berlin, Germany, where I lived for 3 years. But more than this, this brand stems in my love for design and fashion design in particular, I guess growing up in Paris is responsible in some way... Hope you enjoy my work ! For more of Oui Patterns, follow me on IG @ouipatterns.