The Ballerina Tea Cosy is a girlie tea cosy which oozes elegance and grace with its mini ballerinas. The main cosy is knitted in duck egg blue and is edged with white flowers, water lilies perhaps? Maybe the ballet they are performing is swan lake?
The floral edging is really easy once you get the hang of it, and looks so effective.
The Ballerina tea cosy is great fun to make and looks beautiful, a great project to have a go at and enjoy.
The Ballerina tea cosy fits a medium sized teapot that covers a Teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints.
The pattern will be available for digital download as soon as you have completed purchase, so you could start knitting very soon!
This product is the knitting pattern only to make your own Ballerina tea cosy.
- made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 3.75 mm, UK size 9 or US size 5 Knitting needles,
- 35g Stylecraft Special DK Duck Egg,
- 12g White Stylecraft Special DK White, , , For each ballerina
- 11g Tutu Colour, , *8g Skin Colour,
- 5g Hair Colour,
- Small amount of black double knitting yarn for embroidering on face,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.