Balloon sleeve shirt pattern – PDF pattern - Nuage
With its balloon sleeves and its fitted bodice, Nuage is an alternative to the basic t-shirt. Nuage offers 2 balloon sleeve lengths (short and mid), and a long sleeve extension. The pattern will teach you how to finish a neckline professionally. Very quick to sew, you will need more than one in your wardrobe! It fits busts from 82cm / 31 1/2" to 114cm / 45".
The Nuage shirt is an intermediate level pattern. The sleeves are gathered at the head and bicep in order to get this balloon shape. This pattern is made to be sewn with an overlocker but it can also be sewn with only a usual sewing machine. Knowing how to use a double needle is a plus. A glossary is available on www.camimade.com/glossary.
Fabric suggestions: light to medium weight stretch knit fabrics like cotton jersey, with 40-50% elasticity (10cm of fabric goes up to 14-15cm when stretched). Prefer a fabric with a good recovery (that recovers its initial shape after being stretched).
The pictured samples are sewn in cotton jersey (short sleeves camel and long sleeves beige) and polyester jersey (short sleeves pink).
Model measurements: bust 86cm (33 7/8") - waist 68cm (27 1/8“) - hips 91cm (35 ⅞") - 1.58m tall (5'2"). All samples are in size B.
- Illustrated instructions guide (8 pages)
- A4 pattern (15 pages, in the ZIP file)
- US letter pattern (15 pages, in the ZIP file)
- A0 pattern (1 page, in the ZIP file)
Materials you need at home:
- Short sleeves shirt: for a 150cm/60" wide fabric: 0.90m / 1yd (sizes A-D) or 1m / 1yd (sizes E-F) or 1.10m / 1 ¼ yd (sizes G-H) /// for a 115cm/45" wide fabric: 1.10m / 1 ¼ yd (sizes A-D) or 1.70m / 1 ¾ yd (sizes E-H)
- Long sleeves shirt: for a 150cm/60" wide fabric: 0.90m / 1yd (sizes A-C) or 1.20m / 1 ¼ yd (sizes D-G) or 1.50m / 1 ¾ yd (size H) /// for a 115cm/45" wide fabric: 1.50m / 1 ¾ yd (sizes A-D) or 1.80m / 2 yds (sizes E-H)
- A twin needle for jersey and a jersey needle for your sewing machine
- Iron on tape / stay tape to reinforce the shoulders
- Woven bias tape of approx. 20-30cm x 2.5cm / 8-10″ x 1″ for the inner neckline finish
- For the long sleeve version only: a transparent elastic tape, 6mm / 1/4″ wide, for the bicep area
Camimade is an independent sewing pattern company, designing minimalist and timeless sewing patterns, on the lookout for a more contemporary sewing.
Camimade develops PDF and printed patterns. The detailed sewing guides which come with each pattern offer different personalisation options and are fully illustrated by hand.
We opened the studio in 2019 in London with a lot a projects in mind for your sewing. Stay tuned!
Learn more about Camimade on www.camimade.com or follow us on Instagram @cami__made.