Bangers is a very happy dog today, as they have a new bone toy to play with. You could also make the bone as a pet toy for your own four-legged friend. If you are wondering about this dog’s name, in the UK sausages are affectionately known as bangers! Designed by Amanda Berry @fluffandfuzz, the dog and bone are knitted in acrylic DK yarns on single pointed needles (not in the round). For confident beginners and above, other techniques used include casting on and off, knits, purls, increases and decreases, and seaming to finish.
- Instructions for making the dog and bone.
- Measurements are in metric.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 6 pages and written in English.
- Bangers is 26cm long
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.5mm knitting needles (US 4)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight); less than 50g in each colour
- Toy filling
- Buttons for eyes
- A stitch holder to make the bone
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.