Barrelette Clutch- sewing pattern with three variations
The Barrelette Clutch is a versatile sewing pattern for creating a barrel-shaped clutch with a flap. This pattern is simple to put together and comes with several variations. You can create it from luxurious silks and satins for an evening clutch, or use a beautiful patterned cotton for a more casual look. Easily add a wrist strap, purse chain, or interior pockets. This pattern is best for confident beginners and up. Diagrams and a photo tutorial are included.
Dimensions: 10.5” (26.7cm) wide, 4” (10.2cm) tall, 2.5” (6.4cm) deep
Materials: - Exterior fabric, interior fabric - Fusible Fleece interfacing - Lightweight woven fusible interfacing - Double-sided heavyweight fusible interfacing (peltex) - (1) 18mm magnetic snap - optional d-rings and swivel hooks for wristlet/fabric strap
This purse can be made with either one or two layers of the heavyweight interfacing. One layer makes a more flexible clutch, two layers makes a stiffer clutch. Some machines may experience difficulty sewing through the heavy layers. The pattern provides alternate interfacing suggestions.
**Check out this blog post for a fun variation on this clutch pattern: http://www.toriska.com/blog/2016/10/1/tutorial-wrapped-edge-barrelette-clutch
This pattern includes 16 pages of instructions, with detailed diagrams and a photo tutorial. There are 8 pages of the printable pattern. Pattern instructions are given in both inches and centimeters. This can be printed on Letter or A4 paper.
YES! You may sell items made from this pattern. No, you may not distribute the actual pattern, I own it, copyright 2015, All Rights Reserved.
- Sewing pattern for advanced beginners
- Measurements in inches/centimeters
- Print on Letter or A4 paper
- Illustrations and photos included
- Three variations included basic, bow, and gathered
- Shoulder and wrist strap instructions included
Materials you need at home:
- Exterior fabric (Basic/Gathered or Bow) 16” x 16” (40.5cm x 40.5cm)/16” x 26”(40.5cm x 66cm)
- Interior fabric 16” x 16” (40.5cm x 40.5cm)
- Fusible fleece interfacing 1/3 yd (.3m)
- Woven fusible interfacing 1/2-2/3 yds (.45-.6m)
- Double-sided fusible heavyweight interfacing 1/2 yd (.45m)
- 1 (18mm) magnetic snap
- sewing machine suitable for sewing through thick layers
- coordinating thread
- optional laces and embellishments
- Optional for wrist/shoulder straps (1-2) .5" (12.7mm) d rings, (1-2) .5" (12.7mm) swivel hooks, fabric for wrist strap
I'm Tori of Toriska Bags. I love creating PDF sewing patterns. When I'm not sewing purses I am sewing clothes for myself and my four children or reading a book.