- US terms and measurements used
- Pattern provided includes sizes and directions for Basic Sweater in 6, 12, 18, and 24 month
- Skill level: Adventurous Beginner
- Simple stitches include: ch, hdc, sc, sc2tog
- Gauge: 10 hdc over 8 rows = 4x4 inch square
I love this little sweater because it is worked in the round, removing the need to sew and seam long portions of the garment :) The yoke is used to join the sleeves and body together. The sweater is used with medium weight yarn, so it is light enough for spring and summer, but also warm enough for mild winters! I love making these sweaters for a quick baby shower gift (around 6 hours of work), and to use up my spare bundles of yarn.
Change up this basic sweater by adding your own design in the yoke or sleeves. The options are countless!