I was commissioned to design a beach babe tea cosy. Inspired by old fashioned saucy postcards featuring fat ladies; so I designed a voluptuous beach babe wearing an itsy bitsy teenie weenie red polka dot bikini. Around the back, her has managed to catch a crab when she went into the sea, or has the crab caught her? The crab hangs on and hangs freely when the tea is poured.
She has a lovely big sun hat with matching spotty trim and a bright orange flower. The hat is removable revealing a bun in her hair.
The breach babe is made to look extra curvy with a large chest and buttocks, giving her that old school postcard look. She's perfect for any sunbather who lives near the sea or who love being on holiday.
Oh I do like to tea beside the seaside...
- Made from double thickness yarn for extra insulation
- Fits a medium sized teapot that holds 6 to 8 cups or 2 pints
Materials you need at home:
- 5.5 mm, UK size 5 or US size 9 knitting needles,
- 4.00 mm, UK size 8 or US size 6 Knitting needles,
- 60g flesh tone Double knitting wool,
- 38g spice double knitting wool,
- 32g white double knitting wool,
- 24g signal red double knitting wool,
- 12g mocha double knitting wool,
- 12g citron double knitting wool,
- 4g jaffa double knitting wool,
- Small amount of black double knitting wool,
I design and knit unique tea cosies. I really love designing exciting and unusual tea cosies, its great fun and people don’t mind having an over the top tea cosy. Plus they are a great talking point at tea time and make for brilliant knitting projects.
I have quite a following with regular customers who regularly buy my latest designs from my website TeaCosyFolk.co.uk
I have had a couple of patterns printed in the Simply Knitting Magazine, which is very exciting.