Bedragonned features a unique textured band that flows into a soft, drapey body. The pattern is worked in one piece, from the brim up, and includes 6 sizes. Also included are illustrated tutorials for the specialist techniques and tips on how to master the brim creation.
Skills required: Knit & purl stitches, knitting in the round, increases & decreases, provisional cast-on, picking up sts, joining live sts
Gauge: 32 sts x 42 rows to 4in/10cm on 2.5mm needles over St.St. 31 sts x 41 rows to 4in/10cm on 2.5mm needles over Body stitch pattern
- Illustrated knitting pattern
- Metric and imperial measurements
- Sizes to fit 14 (16, 18, 20, 22, 24) in/35.5 (40.75, 45.75, 50.75, 56, 61) cm
- Written instructions; illustrated tutorials for Provisional Cast-on, Picking up Sts & Joining Live Sts
Materials you need at home:
- 84 (176, 222, 273, 330, 392) yd/76 (161, 203, 250, 302, 359) m sock weight, plied yarn. (Sample shown in Sparkle Duck Socka (399yd/365m per 100g; 80% Superwash Merino, 20% Nylon))
- 47yd/43m yarn for a 6x6in/15x15cm swatch in St.St.
- Set 2.5mm/UK--/US1½ DPNs/Circular or size needed to obtain gauge
- Spare needle or DPN for picking up sts
- 2.5mm crochet hook
- Approx. 3yd/3m waste yarn
- Stitch marker as necessary
- Tapestry needle
Woolly Wormhead is a Hat Architect.
With an instinctive flair for unusual construction and a passion for innovation, Woolly Wormhead is a designer whose patterns are trusted and celebrated by knitters all over the world. As a designer, Woolly is driven by a need to create and develop her understanding of 3D form. Communicating her ideas and sharing her specialised knowledge with her audiences is key to Woolly’s success as a designer. Woolly's high quality pattern writing ensures perfect results, teaches new skills and encourages us all to become Hat architects.
Each Hat design is an original Woolly Wormhead innovation. These designs are created using unusual construction techniques and intriguing stitch combinations, resulting in unique and versatile pieces.
Each pattern is carefully developed and every effort is made to ensure that the instructions are as clear as possible. All patterns include a range of sizes, and many have additional design options and notes for alterations. Where possible, illustrated tutorials for specialist techniques are also included.