- The pattern has row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- Instructions for making the cosy
- A list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
BEEHIVE EGG COSY KNITTING PATTERNS
Brighten up breakfast time with a beehive egg cosy. This is a great project for beginner knitters to try as you just need to know three stitches (knit, purl and a k2tog decrease), and the cosy is knitted flat on straight needles (not in the round). The top loop is a single crochet chain, but you could just add a loop of yarn instead if you are not sure how to crochet.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from the top loop which is a single crochet chain worked on a crochet hook. You will need to cast on, knit, purl, decrease, and sew a seam.
FINISHED SIZE: The egg cosy is approximately 7.5cm tall (not including the top loop) and 8cm wide (un-stretched).