Introducing my Beehive Egg Cosy knitting pattern. This is a great project for beginner knitters to try as you just need to know three stitches (knit, purl and a k2tog decrease), and the cosy is knitted flat on straight single pointed needles (not in the round). The cosy is 7.5 cm tall. The top loop is a single crochet chain, but you could add a loop of yarn instead if you don’t crochet. You will also need to cast on and off and sew a seam.
- Instructions for making the cosy.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 4mm knitting needles (US 6)
- A 4mm crochet hook (US G/6)
- Double knitting yarn (DK or light worsted weight)
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.