- The pattern includes row numbers for each step so you don’t lose your place
- Instructions for making the tea cosy
- A list of abbreviations and explanation of some techniques
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 2 pages and written in English.
BEEHIVE TEA COSY KNITTING PATTERNS
This beehive tea cosy is easy to knit, simply using a combination of knit and purl stitches to create texture and a k2tog decrease to shape the top. It is knitted flat in two pieces, so you can make sure the holes in the cosy fit around your teapot’s handle and spout.
TECHNIQUES: All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight knitting needles, apart from the top loop which is an i-cord piece knitted on two double pointed needles (DPNs). You will need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work a k2tog decrease, sew seams and knit i-cord.
FINISHED SIZE: The cosy is 23cm wide and 21cm tall, and is designed to fit a standard 6 cup teapot (approx. 15cm diameter, 17cm tall).