Introducing Bella the Ballerina. Bella is 25 cm tall. Most pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The ballet slipper straps are a single crochet chain, but if you don’t know how to crochet you could tie a length of yarn around the legs instead. To knit your own doll you just need to use 4 stitches; knit, purl, a kfb increase and k2tog decrease. You will also need to cast on and off, knit stripes, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the ballerina and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- A 3.5mm crochet hook (US E/4)
- Double knitting yarns (DK or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- A stitch holder
- Beads for eyes
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.