Bellay is a mid size handbag that revisits the traditional camera bag with a simple, modern though slightly vintage twist. The bag is closing thanks to a tucktite fastener. It features two front pockets closed with snap fasteners. The inside of the bag is lined and features small inner pockets, convenient to store cards, keys, or make up. The bag is backed with strong interfacing.
Dimensions: 25x15x20 cm or 9.6 x 6 x 7.9 inches
Difficulty level: The purse is not very complicated to sew. The only difficulty lies in sewing the cotton twill tape all around the raw edges of the bag at the end of the project.
Like my work? Follow me on IG @ouipatterns
- Step by step tutorial in English (13 pages)
- Pattern in English (12 pages)
- In cm and inches
- Pattern in A4 and US letter paper formats
- You like what I do? Follow me on IG @ouipatterns
Materials you need at home:
- Duck canvas or a similarly thick and sturdy fabric 50 x140 cm or 20’’ x 1.6 yard
- For the lining popelin, satin cotton... depending on your taste. 50 x 140 cm or 20’’ x 1.6 yard
- Bias tape or cotton twill tape 2,50 m or 2.75 yard
- Webbing strap 2,5 cm wide, 2 m long in total, or 1’’ x 2.2 yards
- 2 carabiners and 2 D-rings,
- 1 tucktite fastener tuck 35 x 28 mm or 1.4’’ x 1.1’’
- 5 snap fasteners and the necessary tools,
- Double-sided sewing tape to help sew the cotton twill tape,
- Interfacing I prefer the woven kind, and the thicker the better. I’ve personally just gone to my favourite haberdashery and asked for the thickest they have. , 65 cm x 90 cm wide, or 25.6’’ x 1 yard wide (these measurements include the interfacing necessary if you back both the canvas and the lining).
Oui sewing patterns
Hi there ! My name is Isabelle and I am the one behind Oui Sewing Patterns, a brand dedicated to easy-to-follow sewing patterns for a simple, functional and dynamic wardrobe. My interest for sewing started as I was living in Berlin, Germany, where I lived for 3 years. But more than this, this brand stems in my love for design and fashion design in particular, I guess growing up in Paris is responsible in some way... Hope you enjoy my work ! For more of Oui Patterns, follow me on IG @ouipatterns.