Introducing my Benjy the Bluebird knitting pattern. This sweet little bird is quick to knit and use up odds and ends of yarn. Benjy’s body is 5.5 cm wide and 7 cm tall. All pieces are knitted flat (back and forth) on a pair of straight single-pointed knitting needles. The eyes are knitted bobbles and instructions are included. The wing incorporates a three needle bind off. You will also need to cast on and off, knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and sew seams.
- Instructions for making the bluebird and photos.
- A materials list and recommended yarns.
- The pattern is 4 pages and written in English.
- Measurements are in metric.
Materials you need at home:
- A pair of straight 3.75mm knitting needles (US 5)
- DK yarn (double knitting or light worsted weight)
- Toy filling
- The pupils are black beads
What others have made
My name is Amanda Berry, a designer and knitter specialising in creating knitted toys stuffed with a little fluff and fuzz!
My designs have been published in magazines including Let’s Knit, Simply Knitting and Knit Now.