Bertram teddy bear soft toy sewing pattern pdf bear
Bertram bear is a lovely traditional ted, standing 9 inches tall (23cm).
His pattern has easy to follow, step by step instructions with plenty of photos and illustrations to help as you sew. Full sized pattern sheets too.
10 page instructions + pattern sheets.
Looks equally huggable made in plush or mohair furs. (bear pictured is made in a short plush)
Waistcoat can be made from denim fabric (ideal from old jeans), corduroy or cottons.
- Full step by step instructions
- Lots of reference photos and illustrations
- Suitable for beginners
Materials you need at home:
- Fat 1/8th metre plush or fur fabric
- Felt (15 x 15cm) 6 x 6 inches
- 6mm Glass or plastic safety eyes
- 3 x 30mm joints (cotter pin or safety)
- 2 x 25mm joints (cotter or safety)
- Non allergenic toy stuffing
- Small piece of fabric for waistcoat
- Sewing thread
- Nose and toes embroidery thread
- Coloured embroidery thread (waistcoat detail)
I love making softies, from cute and cuddly to slightly quirky (like me). You'll find a whole menagerie of animals to sew from teds to lions, with the odd dragon and ostritch too. Hope you enjoy stitching them - and have fun x