- Written pattern
- Instructions in English
- US Imperial and metric measurements
- Suitable for the intermediate knitter
- Knit sideways from tip to tip
- One size – easily adjustable
- Written for a gauge of approx. 18.5 sts / 24rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over body pattern
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (A4 size)
Inspired by the Dutch seafarers of old, this shawlette owes its distinct asymmetrical shape to the “bezaan” sail of the boats which sail the Zuiderzee. The waters of the Zuiderzee are often treacherous during stormy weather with the winds blowing its waves into dark gray ridges before breaking into a heavy froth on the Dutch shores.
The textures of the moving waters are translated into the ridged body pattern and simple lace edging and border. Bezaan: a very different one skein shawl.
Difficulty level Stitches used include knit, purl, kfb, M1, yo, p2tog, k2tog tbl. The pattern is suitable for the advanced beginner.