Bigtaps ~ barefoot shoes sewing pattern adults (EU 35-52)
Sew your own minimal shoes with the Bigtaps barefoot sewing pattern. Perfect for all your outdoor activities. With this pattern in EU size 35-52 and a step by step sewing instruction in English you can finally make your own shoes. The ebook contains 100+ pages with detailed information on the making process of different versions of the shoes (fabric version, leather version, lined and unlined), information on what materials to use, and instructions on how to customize the pattern to get the perfect fit for your feet. The pattern itself fulfills all criteria for minimal shoes: wide toe box, zero drop, max. flexibility, minimal cushioning. Wearing Bigtaps you can actually feel the ground!
- What will you need? For all versions: • printer, sewing machine, iron • high quality thread • temporary spray adhesive • trick markers, tailor's chalk, water-soluble felt-tip pens, etc. • Eyelets, 4 mm diameter, with corresponding tools • Prym Vario pliers • Hammer • sole sheet, 1,8-4mm • Kövulfix glue / shoo goo / contact leather glue • shoelaces In addition: For the complete fabric version (= vegan version) • robust cotton fabric (jeans, canvas, poplin, corduroy; special fabrics such as Etaproof or Oilskin) • textile adhesive • pinking shears • Awl (5 mm) • optional: Bondaweb (Iron-on adhesive on paper carrier) • optional: fusible interlining H 250, Thermolam or batting • to waterproof the vegan version: Nikwax
For the leather version • thin clothing leather (1,0-1,4 mm) • piercing tools • optional: leather sewing needles and stronger thread (e.g. Alterfil L 60) • Double-sided adhesive tape • Teflon or walking foot • For the lined version: wool broadcloth, fleece or another cosy, non fraying and non stretching fabric for the lining
- sewing pattern for EU size 35-52
- detailed instructions and many many pictures
- look book
Materials you need at home:
- leather or fabric, high quality thread
- shoe laces
- spray adhesive, trick markers, tailor's chalk, water-soluble felt-tip pens, etc.
- Eyelets, 4 mm diameter, with corresponding tools
- Kövulfix glue / shoo goo / contact leather glue
- sole sheet, 1,8-4mm
- Teflon or walking foot
fluff store EN
Welcome to the fluff store! The fluff store offers mainly German sewing instructions and patterns as it is based in Germany. For some of our products we got many requests for an English translation, so we sat down and translated them into English. Therefore the English fluff store assortment is rather small. :) It will hopefully expand in the future. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you miss a specific fluff store sewing pattern on this site.